TCS is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, an all-India Board.
The CBSE envisions a robust, vibrant and holistic school education that will engender excellence in every sphere of human endeavour. The Board is committed to provide quality education to promote intellectual, social and cultural vivacity among its learners. It works towards evolving a learning process and environment, which empowers the future citizens to become global leaders in the emerging knowledge society. The Board advocates Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluation with an emphasis on holistic development of learners. The Board commits itself to providing a stress-free learning environment that will develop competent, confident and enterprising citizens who will promote harmony and peace.
For details, visit: http://cbse.nic.in
- Co-educational school offers classes from Pre Nursery to Grade 10
- Follows the CBSE board.
- a day school with no boarding facilities
- English is the medium of instruction throughout our school. Our academic year begins in June and ends in April. The school has classes from Kindergarten to Class X.
- Emphasize physical education, yoga, arts and life skills.
- Stress on patriotism, morals and values
For Grade 1 to 3
An integrated curriculum with emphasis on subjects is followed.
- English, Mathematics, Environmental Science, Computer Science
- II Language ( Hindi or Kannada)
- Drawing, Music, Yoga and other co-curricular activities.
For Grade 4 & 5
- I Language – English
- II Language – Hindi/Kannada
- The II language choices at Class I are either Hindi or Kannada.
Main Subjects: Mathematics, Science and Social Science
Additional Subjects: Value Education, General Knowledge, Computer Science
Extracurricular Activities: Music, Drawing and Yoga. Karate(optional)
Hindi has to be compulsorily studied as II or III language according to the CBSE directive.
For Grade 6 to 10
Subjects taught are English, II (Hindi/Kannada) and III languages (Hindi/Kannada), General Science, Social Science, Mathematics, Artand Computer Education.
Other activities includes Yoga, Life skill classes, Environmental Awareness Program, and other experiential activities during school hours.
For Grade 8 to 10
The subjects that they study include English, Second and third languages, Mathematics , General Science and Social Science
- I Language – Compulsory English
- II Language – Hindi/Kannada
- III language – Hindi/ Kannada
Thyagaraju Central School started in the year 2006 with 54 students in a small building. Today it has created a benchmark in providing quality education with affordable fees structure.
The motto of TCS is to provide learning programmes that are challenging and appropriate to the present and future needs of children. The school recognises its responsibilities to meet the learning requirements of all children including those with special learning needs and within its general teaching programmes. TCS is widely regarded as a school that is providing a good quality education for all its students. The students participate in a range of interesting learning and extracurricular activities that are frequently linked to their own lives and the local community.
We have been getting fruitful results from past 5 years in 10th board examination. We have been moulding our students and creating right path for their future. In today’s world education is not only parameter to judge students calibre it is more than that. We proudly say that we are giving a “Value Based Education” to our students.
Our first batch moved out of the school in the year 2011-12 our academic results from 2011-12 are as follows
- 2011-12 – 96%
- 2012-13 – 95%
- 2013-14 – 95%
- 2014-15 – 100%
- 2015-16 – 100%
Curriculum alone cannot help in overall development of students. It is the sports which enriches the physical and mental stability of the students and also increases competitive spirit in the minds of the students.
- Volley tournament “Founders cup” held every year in our school creates healthy competition with neighbouring schools.
- TCS got International academic quiz certificate where our students got 6 gold medals, 5 silver and 8 bronze medals
Awards and Honours
When it comes to awards and honour we have received many. Our students have increased our school reputation by exhibiting their talents in many Inter-school Competition and taluk and district level competitions.
- Our student Mrudula of 2011-12 batch got first prize in state level debate competition
- Aishwarya .M of 2012-13 batch got first prize in district level brisk walk competition.
- N, Janardhanan.K, Abilash.S of 2014-15 batch got first prize interschool quiz competition.
- Soundarya .M and Manoj.P of 2015-16 batch got first prize in district level brisk walk competition.
- Baljindersingh and Bhupindersingh of 2016-17 got first prize in state level ball badminton competition and 2nd prize in state level table tennis competition.
- RaghvendraDeshpande got 3rd place in Kanokatsava music competition 2016-17.
- Dhanush B.M of 2016-17 got first prize in interschool debate competition held at JVNPS and Suvisesha.
- We have got many prizes in Inter school competitions like
- Won prizes in Tattva school competition
- Won Rolling prize award from Suvisesha in its silver jubilee celebration
- Won prizes in Vagdevi Vilas sports competition
And we have won many awards in taluk level and district level Pratibakaranji competition.
We felicitate the students for their meritorious performances by providing them scholarships for their higher studies.